Thursday 2 June 2011

Missing in action...

Goodness, I’ve just realized that I haven’t blogged in a whole week!

No real reason, just not been in the right space I suppose…this waiting game is really getting quite exhausting, but good news from our last appointment is that our little mite has been doing a great job growing and put on double the weight in one week that she usually doesJ sooo, she weighed in on Friday at a whopping 898g!!!


We are so hoping that she makes the kilo mark at tomorrow’s check up – so hold thumbs!

All is stable otherwise, but I am wondering how much longer my body can go on…then I think…just a little longer…they didn’t even think we’d make 24 weeks and at the end of this week we’ll be the big three oh! So, just a little longer…

On Tuesday my Mom, gave me a very special “gift”! She organized an outing to the hairdressers!!! {For the record it was a very well supervised, relaxed outing} You see when she first suggested it I felt a little silly, and vain I suppose as the fact that I hadn’t had my hair done in over 6 months was really bothering me…and the fact that in a short time I may lose it all – well it just seemed silly and a waste in view of the “bigger picture”. But I accepted and am so glad I did! I feel so much more like myself, and not so drab and dreary and it was so good to have some special time – just me and my mum <3 I must admit I am constantly reminded of the things we take so for granted!

Mom also dropped off these gorgeous little beanies she made for our little mite, and Izzy thinks that they’ll be just perfect for her baby doll! So sweet xxx



Also, we had a guardian angel drop by this week and she wouldn’t take no for an answer; a major shopping spree was undertaken and all the essentials for the nursery have been acquired! Just waiting for a wardrobe and then our little mite will have a room to come home to! Such special people in our life…Beeg thanks again T xxx

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed, and so glad you felt human again after your hair spoiling by Mom...sometimes, it is just the little things that make a bigger impact on our lives. Still keeping you in a our prayers...♥

    ReplyDelete