Thursday 26 May 2011

Life standing still

It dawned on me today that my life has been completely “paused” for the last 3 months, and there is still some time to go…

Don’t get me wrong, I have managed to find all sorts of things to keep me occupied but whatever it is it has to be from the comfort of my bed. I do Kayla’s homework with her on my bed, I read Izzy her stories in my bed, I label clothes for school and ballet from bed, I play on the internet, send and receive mails and occasionally shop, all from my bed.

But in a few weeks time it is Kayla’s first Ballet concert in a real professional theatre, and that I can’t watch from my bed… of course Shane and the Grannies will video and take photo’s so that I can see my special girl on stage – but I can’t help with make-up and make sure her hair is just right and hear the nervous chatter and giggles before she takes her place in the limelight. And as I book all the tickets for the family members attending {from my bed}, my heart is really sad that I am missing out. I know that there will be many more concerts for me to attend, but these are the “proud mommy moments” that I cherish and so I am just sad!

This afternoon I occupied myself with sorting and labeling my millions of photo’s and I think it just brought home to me how much my life has been changed by our situation. My daughters will attest to what a “snap happy” photographer I am, and in three months my camera has hardly been touched, I haven’t been able to scrap {although I’m seriously thinking of finding a way to do a small project or two in bed}, and there has been a sad lacking of freshly baked goods in my home for some time now. The girls and I haven’t done any craft projects, and I’ve not been able to walk my beautiful dogs in all this time too!

So today I am really looking forward to an end to this journey and to be able to really start living again, and I think the silver lining is that I am so going to appreciate simply living againJ  Spending time outside on a beautiful day, watching my children play with delight on the beach, Date Night with my husband, coffee with special friends, shopping, walking my dogs, fetching my girls from school, capturing the beautiful things around me with my camera, and scrapping our family’s special times to name but a few. So much to look forward to… and for that I am thankful, so blessed that my normal life does contain all these special moments that before I may have acknowledged in some way or another, but taken so for granted in the busy hustle and bustle of daily life!

xxx


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post Tiff, it sure makes us aware of the little things we do each day, and yes, we have to be truly thankful. Hoping all goes well today...♥

    ReplyDelete