Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This one is for the special mothers in my life…

After making a life for ourselves in Johannesburg, bringing two beautiful children into the world and running a business that I loved and brought me so many rewards, it was hard to leave all the special people and move back to our home town. But the one thing that made it all okay was coming home to family.

The last year has had its up’s and down’s, but to me life is about the people in it and the relationships we nurture, and having family around has made this year so much more than bearable. It has made the move so right!

I love that weekends include random visits with grandparents and special moments shared, that Kayla and Izzy are finally able to get to know their Grannies in a much more intimate way than just the limited visits from the past. That both girls get special one on one playtime with these wonderful women that have so much to teach them…

I also am so thankful that I not only have my own special mum, who I fear to ever contemplate living without and who knows me so well, but that I am blessed with Shane’s mum too who I have had the honour of getting to know over the years and who has taught me so much about life and myself, not to mention the many hours of accounting and business advice too.

To say I am blessed is an understatement. The support, encouragement and love that these amazing women give me and my family so easily is something that can never be fully thanked or repaid but I would like to thank them both nonetheless for everything that they are…and what makes them even better is that they are not perfect in the traditional sense of the word, they too are still making mistakes and learning from them – and in my eyes THIS is what makes them so extraordinary and special to me; that they can admit and share these lessons with me and  the girls and together we can all learn and grow.

They say it takes a village to raise a family… I’m glad you are both in my village!

xxx

1 comment: