Monday 9 May 2011

So much to be thankful for ...

The start of another week and once again I am thankful that the last one is overJ

Some days I feel really guilty that I am wishing the time away, but I can’t help it I just need to know that our little mite will be able to survive and thrive when my body finally can’t protect her any longer. And today we have reached that point…26weeks! I am sooooo excited! Obviously a few more weeks would be good, but the doctors doubted we would even get this far…and to think they were talking about possible termination and all sorts of terrifying outcomes just a little while ago - but my baby has beaten the odds again!!! I am so proud of her <3

I just have to tell you all though, my “no details” husband earned super points this weekend! Since I’ve been on bed rest I’ve been really missing what’s going on in the outside world amongst family and friends. On various occasions Shane has been to one function or another and when he gets home I eagerly await “the news” {sad but true} and each time all I get is “everyone’s fine and a good time was had by all”….aargh! Is that it???

Anyway THIS weekend…he finally got it and dutifully reported all sorts of tasty tit bits that he had carefully gathered purely for my listening pleasure! Now that’s what I call Love! <3 Thanks Babe xxx

While we are on the subject of details – I have the cleverest Mom! I had bought some basic white cloth nappies and cotton knit receiving blankets with the idea of prettying them up, and yesterday she returned them to me all done! The nappies were trimmed in pretty floral fabric and she crocheted a beautiful trim around the blankie…many would simply shake their heads at me, but not my mom – it’s all in the pretty little details for me and she gets that!
Thanks my Mommy xxx

So needless to say – today I am thankful!

xxx


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and your Mom outdid herself there, simply beautiful...♥ Praying for more weeks for your little one in your tummy!

    ReplyDelete