Wednesday 20 June 2012

Note to self...

Funny thing life is, I am amazed at how awful it can feel one day and a few days later I feel just peachy again!  When I re-read  my last blog post I completely cringed…I so mustn’t blog when I’m down!  So I officially apologise for sounding so “all doom and gloomy”.
I think it is just taking me time to get my head around the fact that life as I knew it is no more, but I am sure that that is not the end of the world…I am just going to have to go through an adjustment period and learn to get over the frustration that I sometimes feel, and get used to my new normal.
My very wise mom always taught us that “you can do anything you put your mind to”, so clearly I just need to put my mind to this! It’s always worked in the past and is probably a contributing factor as to why Livie and I are here today!
So instead of longing for what was, I will have to redirect myself to focus on the little things that make my heart melt, make me laugh till I cry and just plain make me thankful to be alive…

For example;  Ballet watching day for parents at Izzy’s school, being able to be there and help for Kayla’s Zulu Day at school, watching Livie cuddle the baby bunnies with absolute glee, celebrating Father’s day with my long suffering husband (and reading the special cards our girls drew and wrote in for him). Being tickled by my nephew Tyler, the tickle monster and enjoying his subsequent waterfall of giggles! Laughing at my husband’s silly jokes, spending time with special friends, baking pretty things for my girls and the list could go on forever….



So in essence it always comes down to the little things and finding joy in them, and for that I will count my blessings daily!

1 comment:

  1. By George I think she's got it.... :D you are only allowed to be gloomy and doomy to me :D

    ReplyDelete