Wednesday 29 August 2012

August catch up!

Sorry for my absence...

We have had such a wonderful time away with our little getaway to our beach house and then the kids mid-term break and snowfall inbetween it all!

I have had loads of photo opportunities but not much "download" time. So I appologise and will endeavour to catch up and carry on!

Day 4 - What's for dinner...

 This was the most divine dish ever! Once you've got your head around waffles not being sweet - you can truly enjoy the savoury type - waffles with avo, bacon and cream cheese from the Waffle house down the South Coast. Yummy...

Day 5 - A Sign...

My beautiful family...what more can I say <3

Day 6 - Makes you smile...


This is my Izzy Bizzy Girl... my soft, kind and gentle, funny little princess. Always ready with the best hugs ever and always able to make me smile.

Day 7 - The weather today...


My sister-in-law and I took an impromptu road trip to the newly fallen snow in Notingham Road. It was such a fun afternoon. We had heard the reports of snow on the radio and decided that it would be fun to take the kids to play in it... and oh boy was it ever ;) best idea! We had no idea where we were going, but that was half of the fun of it and once we were theere our littlies just loved it - snowball fights and of course the creation of our very own Frosty...Olivia tasted EVERYTHING and now prefers her carrots chilled! Teehee.

Day 8 - A furry Friend...


This is my Delilah! Such a beautiful friend, so gentle with the kids and a special piece of my heart.

Day 9 - Something Old...


Don't you just love this? It is the wheel of an old wagon that was parked at the Lion Park that we took the kids to. There is just something beautiful about the aged wood and rusty metal...

Day 10 - Heart...

This heart just spoke to me... life is so uncertain, it can change in a heartbeat and I'm feeling the need to play, have fun and actively find joy in the little things as this make my heart happy...

Day 11 - Childhood...


How beautiful are these Cherry blossoms? We went for brunch with some special friends at Makaranga lodge and took a walk around their beautiful gardens... the girls took such open glee in running down the multitude of paths and pretty places and seemed to just soak up their beautiful surroundings. I sometimes wish we didn't have to grow up and loose that carefree attitude we had in childhood. What a happy place to be!

Day 12 - Unusual...

These flowers remind me of the ones outside the dinning hall of the boarding school I attended as a child. So beautiful and unusual...

Day13 - Colour...

Red! Now that's something different, anyone who knows me and my girls know that pink is usually the order of the day, but today while visiting her cousin Olivia took to the Lightning McQueen Quad bike and we couldnt get her off - so proud of herself too, such a big girl - I guess she's got some red in her yet!

Day 14 - What you did today...

Today I baked cookies! They are for party packs for a friend...I had such fun, after spying the idea on pinterest, I decided to try using my scrapbooking rubber stamps to stamp an image into the cookies before baking! They worked out quite well. Such a clever idea....

That's all for now... I will continue to post my images when time allows. I'm glad I've taken on this challenge it is showing me just how much good stuff I have in my life to be thankful for...

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment