Friday 27 July 2012

Chocolate Brownies anyone?

This is a day in my life...

So upon asking my husband which biscuits he’d like me to bake for him and to put in the kids lunchboxes – he quickly responded with “Chocolate Brownies”…{Duh! Like how come I didn't think of that?!}

Now Chocolate brownies are not quite biscuits in my estimation, and certainly not lunchbox friendly…clearly there is a reason I’m the mom in this house!

But anyway, I obliged - like a good wife should {*insert sniggering here} and the kids and I had fun baking again...and cleaning out the bowl and bits after.



I thought I’d share the recipe with you all ‘cause it is just too darn good not too!

So here it is The Chocolate Brownie Tutorial:


You will need:
250ml Butter
150g Bar One Chocolate bars
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
5ml Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Flour
200ml Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt

100g Pecan nuts OR white chocolate pieces or both (I always use both!)



First off you can start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C.
Then, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence till creamy.
Then melt the butter and bar ones in a heavy based pot (I cut it all up into squares first as it melts more evenly this way)





Once nice and gooey, add to the egg and sugar mixture.
Add the sifted flour, cocoa, Baking Powder and salt and beat till well mixed.
Once well mixed, stir in the chopped nuts and chopped white chocolate.


Pour the mixture into a large oven dish lined with foil (shiny side down). The mixture rises so make sure the dish is about 5cm deep so that the mixture doesn’t overflow while cooking.

Pop it in your pre-heated oven and bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.

Remove from the oven and leave to cool in oven dish,  and once cool tip out and peel off the foil.



Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.

Yummy…. needless to say I am apparently part of Shane's weight gain "problem" and definiately not part of the "solution"!

This recipe was shared with me by a very talented friend who offers cooking courses, check out her website: http://www.domesticgogos.co.za/ she often features yummy bits for you to try.

Have a lovely weekend and let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment