Monday 16 July 2012

A time to celebrate...

The past few weeks have been crazy hectic, I was under the wildly hopeful impression that since the kids were going on school holidays that I’d get plenty of time to catch up all the bits and bobs on my never-ending “to do” lists, but with today marking the last day of the school holidays I am even more behind!

Hence the lack of posts, and soooo much has been happening in our little family!
{Olivia celebrated her First birthday party, loads of fun and play dates occurred during the school holidays with my busy brood, and we also celebrated Olivia’s baptism… a truly special affair.}
I won’t cover all of that in this post but pop on over and I’ll cover it over the next week… complete with pretty pictures too!
I had a wonderful time preparing for and baking all sorts of yummy bits for the party, only for my husband to comment that he couldn’t understand what all the stress and bother {not in my eyes} was about as it was clearly for my own gain and not our daughters as she would be happy with a cardboard box at this stage!
And he is perfectly on the money too, BUT what he is not taking into account is that as much as I enjoyed taking care of all the finer details, those details were carefully thought out in honour of my baby girl and if per chance I am unable to do in in later years – she will be reminded by the pictures I have taken how much effort I put into her party too to make it pretty and perfect just like her! For me the little things are important – going the extra mile for those you love is what it’s all about whether they realise it or not.
Livie just loved her party and had a fantastic time. It certainly did bring out the social butterfly in her and I was amused to note how different my three girls are. Olivia was happiest in the thick of all the action and lapped up all the attention!

It was so much fun watching the three of them interacting during the day – Kayla so wild and loud – organising everyone, Izzy so quiet and quaint interacting so freely but always gently and Livie taking in everything with cheeky smiles and full of gusto! Have I mentioned lately just how much I love these little things… so very blessed!

Wishing you joy this week,


3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, Tiff. You certainly did make her birthday such a special occasion, and she will always know that xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a gorgeous mommy...inside and out!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always add the best touches to any party, so sorry we could not stay longer...

    ReplyDelete